Checking & Preparing your gear before every shoot is a very important part of photography, there is nothing worse than arriving at the location and finding you have problems with your gear, so I have compiled a list of things that I do every time before I go out again to shoot another location,;
Time & Date;
- I use an iPhone app to provide a time mark to set / synchronise several cameras.
Batteries (Camera & Flash)
- Ensure they are charged.
- Carry extras,
- Tip: I only put the battery caps on the charged batteries, flat ones don’t have on.
- Freshly format all cards;
- Ensure that you have sufficient cards for the days shoot;
- ISO - set to 200
- ISO Auto Control - set to Off
- Picture Control - set to Vivid
- Color Space - set to Adobe RGB
- File Type - set to RAW
- Exposure Priority - set to Aperture
- Metering - set to Average
- Focus - set to Continuous
- Focus Point - set to Single Point
- EV Comp. - set to 0
- White Balance - set to Auto
- Shooting Mode - set to Single Shot
- Lenses - set to Check Settings
- Give your camera a clean with a dry clean cloth;
- Remove the front UV filter and clean the lens glass, and both sides of the UV filter;
Bag Check & Safety Stuff;
- Torch, make sure it works & is charged;
- Spare charged batteries for Camera, Flash & Cable Release;
- Tripod Plates, Flashgun, Harness
- Garbage Bags, ensure that you have a number of them;
- Spare Memory cards, Cable Release;
- Full set of Filters, ie CPL, ND’s
- Several dry clean cleaning cloths, Rubber bands, Black Marker & Pens;
- Sunscreen, Insect repellent, Raincoat, Hi-Vis, Hat, Lanyard ID, Sunglasses, Spare reading glasses & suitable footwear;
I hope that the above information is of value to you, feel free to send me an email at email@example.com or simply give me a call if you would like to get more clarity on any of the above, I am always happy to help, cheers and good luck.
This website and its content is copyright of JDP Online Pty Ltd - © 2011. All rights reserved.