Tattersalls Hotel Winton (Landscape)

  • $34.95
    Unit price per 
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

A hotel was constructed on this site in 1882, first named the Winton Hotel with John Farrell as licensee. IN 1886 the name was changed to Tattersall's Hotel which lasted for the next 95 years. For a brief period from 1980, it was called the Combo Hotel, but then reverted back to Tattersall's and is locally known as the Tatts.

The existing ground floor was built in 1885, and by 1914 a second story had been added, having been transported from the goldfields of Charters Towers to Winton. In December 1898 the Gregory News reported "Tattersall's Hotel"


We Also Recommend