Kanyaka Creek Bed
Kanyaka is a rural and remote Station in the Flinders Ranges region of South Australia. A prominent pastoral holding in the region it was taken up in 1852 by Hugh Proby and became one of the largest stations in the area employing up to seventy families in its heyday.
The massive Red River Gums formally named Eucalyptus Camaldulensis are endemic to Australia and an icon of the Outback. They have smooth white or cream-coloured bark, curved adult leaves and small white blossoms in spring. The hollows created by the falling of the limbs are ideal homes to a host of wildlife, making the River Red Gum a magical ecosystem along the inland waterways of the Australian bush.